Monday, September 27, 2010

I Remember

First poem I wrote for my poetry class, I was a bit rusty, but surprisingly when I started writing, words were flowing from my pencil. It was refreshing, and I forgot how much I had missed it. This brings together 2 things I love, motorcycles and ice cream. I suppose I'm all about weird combination's...


I remember...

The snug fit of the helmet.
It was perfect
In its metallic silver sheen
The anxious excitement
In the pit of my stomach
Like the rumbling of thunder
The engine hums to life.

Anticipation grows.
I'm like a kid in an ice cream store
Watching my favorite flavor scooped
I can't wait to taste it.

Then I can't get enough.
I want more
The sweetness on the tip of my tongue
Sweat rolling down my spine
An aching in my arms
To turn the throttle
To scoop another flavor
To go faster.

That feeling of danger.
But comfort at the same time
I can't wait
To come back for more.


copyright Christine Locke

No comments:

Post a Comment