Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Unremebered

Here's another poem I experimented with commas instead of my usual line breaks, and with "un." This poem I wrote can be performed and was originally written for that, but I've decided after reading it again that I like it just read as well.


Of unremembered things, that was an understatement, and under the sink, you were, in your underwear, I understood you wouldn't, move unless I undressed, from your unpleasant smelling dress, which I didn't understand, why'd I'd be wearing them, in the first place, unwanted, until I saw you, under the sink, unrelenting and stubborn, unmoving and unkind, I tried to understand, what was to be understood, but I didn't, want to undress, with you under the sink, in your undergarments, unless you had someone, to impress, then I'd undress, the wretched dress, so you'd understand, in your underwear, of this, I unremember.


Copyright Christine Locke

No comments:

Post a Comment